California Department of Water Resources Sustainable Groundwater Management Site
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Portal
Association of California Water Agencies SGMA Page
Water Education Foundation SGMA Handbook
Groundwater Resources Association of California
Eastern San Joaquin Groundwater Authority GSP Resources
Eastern San Joaquin Water Resources Model Report 2018
Eastern San Joaquin Water Resources Model Report 2018 Appendix A Part 1
Eastern San Joaquin Water Resources Model Report 2018 Appendix A Part 2
Eastern San Joaquin Water Resources Model Report 2018 Appendices B&C
Stakeholder Engagement and Public Outreach Plan
ESJ GSP Full Contract Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions
What area does the Eastern Groundwater Authority represent?
What is the Authority’s purpose?
Who are the members of the Authority?
What is a Groundwater Sustainability Agency?
What is SGMA?
What is a Groundwater Sustainability Plan?
How can I learn more?
How can I get involved in the plan development?
General Water Resources Information
California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA)
– State agency charged with protecting environmental quality
California State Water Resources Control Board
– State agency charged with protecting water quality and allocating water resources
California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
– State agency responsible for management and regulation of water usage
US Geological Survey (USGS) Water Data for the Nation
California branch of the USGS
– Data on national and state surface water, groundwater, water quality, and water use.
US EPA Water Program, Region 9
– Federal agency charged with protecting environmental quality; Region 9 is the Pacific Southwest, including California
- California’s official publication on the occurrence and nature of groundwater statewide; published by the Department of Water Resources
Groundwater Ambient Monitoring and Assessment Program (GAMA)
– State groundwater quality monitoring program
Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act
– The 1969 law that governs water quality regulation in California
California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS)
– A program unit in the Department of Water Resources that manages a network of over 145 automated weather stations in California
– University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program site covering water-related risks of active ingredients in pesticides
Information for Public Drinking Water Systems
– A California State Water Boards website with information about Division of Drinking Water regulations and Division of Financial Assistance funding opportunities for drinking water system improvements
Mid-Pacific Region, Bureau of Reclamation
– The Mid-Pacific Region is one of five Reclamation regions across the nation’s 17 western states, encompassing southern Oregon, northwestern Nevada, and northern California down to Bakersfield; it manages the Central Valley Project.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento Water Control Data System
– Data for management of Corps reservoirs and flood control space in non-Corps reservoirs
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
– Information available from various state agencies, including the California Natural Resources Agency, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
California Soil Resource Lab
– U.C. Davis Agricultural and Natural Resources (ANR) site with on online soil survey and a Soil Agricultural Groundwater Banking Index
U.S. Drought Monitor
California Institute for Water Resources
– Part of the U.C. Davis Agricultural and Natural Resources division, this Institute does research and outreach on water issues
– Nonprofit global water think tank focusing on sustainable water policies
- California Climate Data Archive, associated with the Western Regional Climate Center and Scripps Institution of Oceanography and funded by the California Energy Commission
– California water news website
San Joaquin County Water Conservation
Longterm drought indicator for the U.S.
Agricultural Drainage: Shallow Groundwater and Salinity Level Maps, San Joaquin Valley
UC Water and Drought Online Seminar Series
California Climate Data Center
Water budget, droughts, and groundwater levels, 1970-2000, Tulare County
Local Groundwater Information Links in California
Friant Water Users Authority (Southeastern San Joaquin Valley)
San Francisco - South Bay Groundwater Protection (SWRCB)
Yolo County Flood Control and Conservation District
City of Davis Water Quality Report
Association of California Water Agencies
Groundwater Resources Association of California
California Rural Water Association
Association of Ground Water Agencies
(An organization of Southern California water agencies)
Technical Reports and Data
Fall 1999 - Spring 2007